Projects, Awards and Exhibitions
• Opening show at Fringe Festival Cardiff, Littleman Coffee Gallery, 2015
• Ffoton Wales website; featured interview as Tilt & Shift
• Selected Work - Royal Photographic Society International Print Exhibition 2014
• Winner of the Guardian Newspaper/Royal Photographic Society Joan Wakelin Award 2013
• Shortlisted for the Sony World Photography Prize (Open Category) 2013
• Selected Work - Royal Photographic Society Biennale 2012
• Short-listed for Welsh Artist of the Year 2011- St. David’s Hall Cardiff
• The Assembly Project/Prosiect y Cynulliad. Futures Gallery, Cardiff, 2010
• The Assembly Project/Prosiect y Cynulliad. To be held in National Library of Wales from 2009
• Animals in Art. Yale College, Wrexham, 2008
• Close. (M.A. Graduate Exhibition). University College, Falmouth, 2006
• Tinkers Bubble. Studio Marangoni & Piccolo Tour Al Giardino. Florence. 2005
• Sunday Times Ian Parry Memorial Scholarship Exhibition. Tom Blau Gallery, London, 2004.
• University of Wales Degree Show. Old Truman Brewery Gallery, London, 2004
• Winner of the 2004 Welsh Livery Guild Prize for Photography.
I trained as a Documentary photographer at the University of Wales Newport and went on to gaining a Masters Degree in Photography as Contemporary Practice at University College Falmouth. I completed my formal education with a Post Graduate Certificate in Eduction.
Shortly after graduating I gained a full time post working as Chief Photographer for Concept for Living Magazine a dedicated interior design and lifestyle publication. After two and a half year of photographing features including homes, gardens portraits architecture and style shoots for the magazine I became a full time independent photographer working on my own self initiated photographic projects, while maintaining a full time freelance career as a commercial photographer. Recent clients include Cineflix Media for the Discovery Channel, Drew Pritchard Antiques DACTA for Lego & Visit Wales. I have also been a contributing photographer to 25 Beautiful Homes & Style at Home for IPC Media, The Financial Times, Vintage Explore, Permaculture Monthly, The Green Parent and Pretty Nostalgic Magazine.
As the recipient of the 2013 Royal Photographic Society/Guardian Joan Wakelin Bursary I travelled to Cameroon in West Africa to complete a project documenting Women Beekeepers. Other projects include travel to Romania & Manenberg in South Africa where I worked with children from one of the most dangerous gang land communities in the world.
In addition to maintaining my own freelance practice, I also works in collaboration with my partner and photographer David Paddy running tiltandshiftphotography an independent photographic workshop and gallery. Forthcoming exhibitions include work by Jack Latham and Zed Nelson and also guest lecture in photography at Chester Unversity.
HAEARAN' by Antonia Dewhurst.
COSMOLOGY' by Lin Cummins
THE SLATE SEA' by Zed Nelson.
A PINK FLAMINGO by Jack Latham
'TRAVELS IN A STRANGE LAND: DARK SPACES' by Matt Botwood
'IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT TORIL BRANCHER, DAVID NOBLE and ROBERT PITWELL.